Home » Students » Visa Permits

Visa Permits

Most of Erasmus Mundus students coming from non-European countries need to have a visa to start their studies in Europe. The EMJMD NURSING Universities will assist students by rapidly providing the required University documents for visa application.

Once you have been granted admission to your programme, you should immediately contact the relevant Embassy in your country to know the requirements for obtaining a Student Visa. It may take several weeks or even months to obtain your visa. You are, therefore, advised to contact the embassy as soon as possible and inform them of your date of departure, if you have already purchased your ticket.

The embassy will ask for some or all of the following documents:

  • Pertinent letter of admission from host university indicating the studies to be done and the pertinent dates
  • Letter of confirmation of accommodation
  • Copy of insurance policy
  • A document certifying that the student is able to support himself/herself during the study period (scholarship documents, for example)
  • Health certificate
  • Criminal records
  • Passport-sized photos
  • Application fees
  • Details of the study programme

Travelling in Europe has been simplified with the introduction of the Schengen visa. The Schengen Visa Scheme allows visitors to obtain one visa to visit the 25 EEA countries. A long stay visa allows the student to stay for more than 3 months and must be applied by person at the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen country. It is recommended that you apply for a long-stay visa (Type D) with multiple entries and for a period exceeding 180 days. When applying four your visa it is important that you specify that you need a visa for the entire duration of your study programme. This type of visa will enable you to ask for a residence permit. Requirements are different for each type of visa and sometimes for each embassy. Processing time could take several months for long term visas it is highly recommended to ask for it in advance.

Spain, Italy and Portugal belong to the Schengen area. The UK does not belong to the Schengen area. Students from outside the EU who wish to study in the UK will require a UK visa in addition to any Schengen visa they may already hold.

If you are from outside the EU and wish to study in the UK for 6 months or less, you should secure a Student Visitor Visa. If you are from outside the EU and wish to study in the UK for longer than 6 months, you should secure a Tier 4 student visa. You are strongly advised to apply in plenty of time for your UK visa.

Application period closed on December 31st.

The EMJMD Nursing Consortium Comittee is currently working on the selection for the next batch.
Next admission period will open again on October 2020 for the academic year 2021-2022.
Please check this webpage to apply then.

Follow us: